Student VolunteersECOOP 2019
The ECOOP 2019 program for student volunteers gives full- or part-time university students from around the world the opportunity to attend and contribute to premier international conference covering all areas of object technology and related software development technologies. As an ECOOP 2019 Student Volunteer, you will interact closely with researchers, academics, and practitioners from various disciplines and meet other students from around the world.
ECOOP is pleased to offer a number of opportunities for student volunteers, who are vital to the efficient operation and continued success of the conference each year. The student volunteer program is a chance for students from around the world to participate in the conferences whilst assisting us in preparing and running the event.
Job assignments for student volunteers include assisting with technical sessions, workshops, tutorials and panels, checking badges at doors, operating the information desk, helping with traffic flow, and general assistance to keep the conferences running smoothly.
In return, volunteers are granted free registration to the conferences and free access to plenary sessions, tutorials, workshops, and demos.
Call for contribution
Applicants can be undergraduate, Master’s, or Ph.D. full- or part-time students, of computer science or related fields.
Applicants must be available for at least four (4) full days between the 15th and 19th of July, and will be expected to provide 15 hours of volunteering work in that time. Priority is given to students who are co-authors of papers at ECOOP or any co-located workshop, presenting at the doctoral symposium, etc.
- A complimentary conference registration, offering access to all open sessions (i.e., parallel paper presentations, demonstrations, and workshops) and conference proceedings.
- Free lunches and refreshments during breaks.
- Student volunteer garments.
Please note that ECOOP 2019 student volunteers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and accommodation in London. However, students may apply for additional funding from AITO when eligible.
The skills, talents, and dedication of the student volunteers contribute to the overall quality of the conference. The Student Volunteer role involves a range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Providing assistance to the conference management and secretariat staff.
- Helping and directing other conference participants.
- Contributing to the overall smooth running of the conference functions and social events. This includes assisting during presentations and poster sessions as well as operating the information and registration desks.
Experience as a Student Volunteer will be considered, but is not required. We aim to recruit both returning and first-time Student Volunteers for ECOOP 2019.
A Student Volunteer should:
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated, with strong interpersonal skills,
- Be fluent in English, which is the language of the conference,
- Be reliable, punctual, and organized,
- Be a self-starter.
How to Apply
To be considered as a Student Volunteer, please fill out the application form.
- The application deadline is April 19, 2019 (notification: April 29).
- The second deadline is June 10, 2019 (notification: June 13).
Priority will be given to applications submitted by the first deadline. A limited number of applications received after the second deadline may be considered depending on need.
If you plan to attend ECOOP regardless of your Student Volunteer status, require a visa, and wish to apply for the second deadline, we highly recommend that you register for the conference as soon as possible. The visa will need your proof of registration for the conference. Should you receive a Student Volunteer offer, we can transfer your registration to the Student Volunteer status, and refund your registration. Please apply for visa as soon as you know you will attend - visa applications may experience delays in England due to Brexit, and the sooner you apply, the greater your likelihood of having it approved before the conference.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your application and seeing you this summer in London!